Happy thirsty Thursday y'all!!!!!! Time to drink some sangria!
^^^^^^LOOK AT ALL THAT FRUIT! Fruit that is bursting with wine and cider to be exact! Now I know that sangria seems more like a summer drink but this one is seriously exploding with fall fruit flavors! It's sweet, tart, spicy and bubbly all at the same time! Not to mention... Super duper easy to make. You can totally do it!
Caramel Apple Pomegranate Sangria
Yield: One gallon (16 cups)
Calories: 134 calories per cup
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- 2 bottles (750mL each) white wine, chilled
- 1 bottle (750mL) sparkling apple cider (like Martinelli's), chilled
- 8 oz (1 cup) red wine, chilled
- 8 oz (1 cup) club soda, chilled
- 3 apples, cored and chopped into small cubes or triangles
- 2 cups pomegranate arils (from about 2 medium pomegranates)
- splash of pomegranate juice (purchase this already bottled or use fresh juice by squishing some of the seeds)
- 1/3 cup caramel syrup
1. Combine all ingredients in a gallon sized (or bigger) pitcher and stir to combine.
2. Refrigerate sangria for about 4 hours to allow the fruit to soak up some of the liquid.
3. Enjoy in cute glasses with fun straws or HUGE wine glasses, as pictured ;)
- Sangria is technically ready to serve immediately; however, I like to let my fruit soak up the wine and cider for bit so I think this tastes best after being refrigerated for about 4 hours.
- Sangria keeps for about one week in the fridge (after that the fruit gets kind of weird....)
Drink up, it's almost Friday! ;)