Remember these?! Well... I made them again but with corn and potatoes! So if cauliflower isn't your thing... Now you're totally in luck! Yeehaw.
So what's different about these tots? Mashed potatoes and corn (...as the name suggests), plus they are also way less healthy, ha! Remember… Live a little.
I prefer the cauliflower tots. Tom prefers these. Go figure. Try them both and decide for yourself!
Corn and Mashed Potato Tots
Makes 45 tots. 52 calories per tot.
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 lbs russet potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 large white onion, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh minced curly parsley
- 1 cup reduced fat free shredded Italian cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs + some to sprinkle
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- cooking spray
1. preheat oven to 400 F
2. place potatoes and one tsp of salt in a large pot then add enough cold water to cover the tops of the potatoes - boil potatoes over high heat for about 20 minutes or until they are easily pierceable with a butter knife
3. while potatoes are boiling, cook the corn: boil 1/2 cup of water in a small saucepan then add frozen corn, cover and bring rapidly to a full boil - after reaches full boil, lower heat and cook gently until just tender (about 5-7 minutes) then drain
4. mash the potatoes in a large bowl then mix in all other ingredients except the cooking spray (duh..)
5. spray two baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside
6. scoop out 1 tbsp chunks of the mixture and roll into balls, repeat until the mixture is gone
7. place balls onto the greased baking sheets and sprinkle with breadcrumbs
8. bake for about 22-24 minutes or until golden
Thoughts? Let me hear 'em!
Oh, and sorry for the lapse in blogging last week... I was on vacation!