This recipe was inspired by my amazing coworkers (thanks guys!). They informed me that blended up frozen banana has a similar consistency as ice cream but without all the ridiculous calories, sugar and dairy! Score!
I use the term ice cream loosely here because this is kind of like a frozen smoothie but if you scoop it out like ice cream and add chocolate syrup then it totally becomes ice cream. Agreed? Okay.
Banana Raspberry "Ice Cream"
Makes about 1 1/2 cups. 210 calories total (not including chocolate syrup).
- 2 very ripe bananas (peeled and frozen)
- 2.5 oz frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- chocolate syrup* (optional)
*I used Hersey's lite chocolate syrup because it's only 45 calories for 2 tbsp :D
1. chop frozen bananas into 1/4 inch slices
2. combine banana, raspberries and almond milk in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth (if your blender isn't in it's prime I would recommend blending a couple smaller batches then mixing it all together)
3. transfer the mixture to a resealable container and freeze for at least 4 hours
4. scoop ice cream into a bowl, top with chocolate syrup and enjoy!
This treat is light, tangy and guiltless! Guiltless snacks are my favorite and this one is atop the list! You better try it.