Today is Cinco de Mayo so I've decided to share my first salsa recipe with you! Mmmm salsa! Spicy strawberry avocado salsa to be exact. Goodness gracious it's delicious, fresh, spicy, sweet, creamy, tangy and all around awesome, not unlike yourself ;). It's also the perfect snack to eat outside in the sun with a margarita to celebrate this lovely day!
So did you know that I can read your mind? Well, I can. You're currently thinking one of two things: "strawberry and avocado???! what a weird combination" or "OMG that combination is brilliant." Either way you are correct. See... Mind reader. Is it creepy? Kinda. Oh well.
The strawberries are sweet while the avocados are creamy and mixed together with your usual (but still awesome) salsa suspects creates a flavor explosion! Flavor explosions are magical. And who doesn't love magic? I love magic, especially on Mondays that happen to be Cinco de Mayo.
Spicy Strawberry Avocado Salsa
Makes 6 1/2 cups of salsa. 34 calories per 1/4 cup (not including chips).
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/2 medium red onion, minced
- 2 jalapeños, minced
- 1 cup cilantro, minced
- 2 avocados (peeled, pitted and diced)
- lime juice from 2-3 limes
- lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
1. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined then enjoy with chips of your choice and a margarita (yes, you have to have the marg..)
Note: More flavors develop the longer the salsa sits. It should keep well in the fridge for about 2-3 days.
Picture explosion! So fun! Thoughts? I'd love to hear them. Thanks for reading and happy Cinco de Mayo!