FRITTATA FOR YOUR FRIDAY. And weekend because this recipe screams brunch! And dinner... Probably lunch too. Basically it screams "eat me whenever because i'm amazing". Does food talk to you? It totally talks to me.
"my CRUST IS AMAZING" - frittata
Sweet potato hash is one of my favorite things to eat soooo making it into a crust of frittata? Hell yes. Plus we've got some creamy goat cheese and crazy delicious sweet chili garlic sauce to make this frittata even more magical. if that's even possible. debate is still out.
baby spinach frittata with sweet potato crust
yield: 8 slices
calories: 215 calories per slice
total time: about 45 minutes
specialty diets: vegetarian, gluten-free
8 large eggs
3 tablespoons sweet chili garlic sauce
1/2 cup coconut milk
sea salt + freshly cracked black pepper
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 4 cups)
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 green onions, thinly sliced
2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
4 oz herbed goat cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (for garnish)
1. preheat oven 425F.
2. in a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sweet chili garlic sauce, coconut milk plus a dash or two of sea salt and pepper.
3. Heat olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet (that you have the lid to) over medium heat, add diced sweet potatoes, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, and a dash of sea salt then stir coat. cook the sweet potatoes for about 15 minutes or until they are tender.
4. top the cooked sweet potatoes with chopped baby spinach and sliced green onions, cover pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until spinach wilts.
5. remove lid, reduce heat to low then pour egg mixture from step two over contents in the skillet. sprinkle crumbled goat cheese on top of the eggs.
6. place skillet in the oven and cook for about 14-18 minutes (or until you can shake the pan and the middle eggs are barely set).
7. remove frittata from the oven, let sit for a few minutes before slicing. top with cilantro then eat!
[adapted from cookie and kate]
happy frittata friday weirdos!
are you doing anything fun this weekend!?!? we're going to a game night on friday then a euchre tournament party saturday. i love games!!!! and yes, i did link to the euchre wiki page because I used to live in the south and southerns do not play euchre lol. sooo yeahhh making some baller appetizers for saturday... stay tuned for those or get a sneak peak on my instagram story. have a fantastic weekend!